Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Heather's Heart and National Day of Prayer

One of the bloggers I follow is Heather's Heart.  Her posts are always always touching and meaningful.  She speaks from her heart in an open honest way.  Her poetry is outstanding and always touches my heart.  Because of her I've actually written some poems and shared them as well!  Her heart is filled with God's love for His sheep!  See if you can find the poem she wrote called "A Heart of Patience"  I've printed it out and posted it above my desk.  As things begin to wind down for the year, I'm finding myself reading it several times a day!  Heather is having a terrific give away that you should check out, too!


For National Day of Prayer my students and I spent time praying in our church.  We gathered around the alter on our knees and used the five finger prayer as a model for our own prayers.  Mostly we prayed on our own, but I guided them through each finger.  Do you know the five finger prayer?  Our thumbs are closest to us when folded in prayer so we pray for family and friends because they are closest to our hearts.  Our pointer fingers remind us of people who point us to Jesus...pastors, and teachers.  The tallest finger reminds us of those in authority, so we prayed for our president, governor, police officers, and mayors.  The weakest finger is our ring finger, so we pray for people who are weak or sick.  Finally , we pray for ourselves when we get to our pinky finger.  We made these booklets to take home and keep by our bed to guide us in our own prayers at home, too!

One one side of our booklet we glued a copy of The Lord's Prayer.
I traced around their hand with the pinky side on the fold.  They cut their own hands
out and folded them.
God bless you as you lead little lambs to The Shepherd!
Jenny

1 comment:

  1. Love the five finger prayer! I'll have to remember that one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a thought!