Saturday, April 7, 2012

Hello? Anyone out there?


I have scoured the internet looking for other Lutheran or Christian day school bloggers.  They have to be out there!  I want to share encouragement, support and prayer with other parochial teachers.  I may be following other parochal teachers right now, but not know it.   Maybe there are days that are filled with coaching, tutoring, and leading youth group activities and you don't have time to blog, but would like to know other Christian teacher bloggers and seek out ideas that will bring or keep excitement into your daily teaching routine.

I'm not sure exactly how this will work.  Maybe I'll never have a follower.  I just felt I had to try.  If I build it, will they come?  I'm about to find out!  If you would enjoy networking with other parochial teachers please leave me a message in the comment box.  I'll feature your blog and add you to our growing blog list on the sidebar.  If you have ideas for how to make this network more effective...Please let me know.

Here is a link to my blog: Owl Things First  You'll see that I teach first grade in the morning and computer and music in the afternoons. I received my Lutheran Teaching degree from Concordia-U Ann Arbor...Sometime in the past!
I can't wait to meet you!


7 comments:

  1. Wonderful idea! I think you're becoming a blogging addict . . . but not before birding addict . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am one! My family does,too! You are right...Birds come first!!
      Jenny

      Delete
  2. I found this link on Pinterest and thought it might be something y'all might be able to use in some way at different levels . . . if nothing else, it's a great example of repurposing/up-cycling items (an every day item elementary school kids are very familiar with) instead of throwing them away. As creative as Jenny & Gary both are, I see your own spins being taken with lots of excited kids . . .

    http://alphamom.com/family-fun/crafts/milk-jug-decorative-window-crafts/

    ReplyDelete
  3. And this one might be useful, or just a fun kind of thing to do maybe on a rainy day when everyone's stuck inside??

    http://www.theidearoom.net/2009/07/make-glow-in-dark-slime.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you keep up with three blogs!!! Just wanted to say, I don't teach in a private school, (although I think someday, I would like to) but I went to Concordia--Portland....we have so much in common:-)

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurie, we do have a lot in common! Three blogs IS too much. I haven't worked on this one very much, but would love to see it grow into a network of parochial teachers supporting each other! I love the freedom I have at my school to set my own curriculum and my small classes.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a thought!